Using Gif Lingua is easy but takes a little learning to best use the site. Follow these tips and you’ll be set and flying in no time! See all our video tutorials on our Youtube channel.
* Go to the main page (Find A Book) and select the book you want. Use the category menu to find books by CEFR Level and Category. Or search for books in different languages.
* Search for books by entering search terms. You can even search for books by an author you like!
* You will see the author’s name, the rating and the number of pages the book contains.
* Click on the book and it will open to the title page.
The books are easy to read.
* Select the back or next buttons to navigate through books.
* The book will have voice unless you turn it off with the settings menu on each book home page.
* Return to the book’s homepage by clicking “Home”.
* Replay the text audio by selecting “Replay”.
There are 4 settings you can change: Speech, Colors, Text, Download
*Speech – turn the voice on (default) or off. Change the type of voice you hear.
*Colors – set the color of the background and text.
*Text – Show (default) or hide the text. Useful for review, quizzes etc..
*Download – Download PDF worksheet sets and the book as a PPT or ePUB (for registered teachers)
Each Gif Lingua Book auto generates a quizlet study set. Click “Study” in the settings menu to play games, compete with others, generate tests etc… Teachers can go to the set and download a pdf quiz for the book to use in class!
We’ll be building much more functionality to the site including:
*profile pages, reading points system, LMS for teachers to assign books, track students
Visit our feedback forum to ask a question.
Teachers can also write books!